Friday, March 12, 2010

Yogurt Cake

This cake is one of my favorites, I've been making it since I've been about 6 years old. It's easy enough to have your kids help and choose some of the ingredients. You will be using a pot of yogurt, when you have emptied the pot, you will keep using that pot to measure the other ingredients.
  • 1 pot of yogurt (170 grams/ 6oz) (if you are going to use fruit then you can use flavored yogurt, otherwise I recommend vanilla yogurt)
  • 3 "pots" flour (270 grams)
  • 2 "pots" sugar (270 grams)
  • 1 "pot" milk (190 grams)
  • 1 "pot" oil (150 grams)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp Vanilla
OPTIONAL: 2 cups cut up fruit ( I like to use peaches, pineapple, bananas, what ever you like, it can work. once I did raspberries and so I also added a cup of chocolate chips, it's really easy to play around with this recipe. )

Mix all the ingredients and then put in a 10"- 12" pan and bake at 350 for 45- 55 minutes (until a tooth pick comes out clear) OR you can put the batter in a cup cake pan and then bake for about 20 minutes.
In this picture it's 2 cups peaches, 1 tsp almond extract and a dash of cinnamon.

1 comment:

  1. looks like i have a project for scotty and i to do next week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...